Hello readers, in this article I am going to write about songwriting techniques and common mistakes songwriters make when writing their own lyrics or when singing.Song writing generally is a branch of music, and music is known as a kind of sound that is pleasant to the ears, this means, any sound that is not pleasant to the ears is noise.
The major problem some musicians face is not been able to write their own songs, they buy song lyrics. Now you must know that you are not a complete singer if you can’t write and sing your own songs.
Song writing, requires a specific kind of technique which am going to show you now.
Here are the simple steps to take when writing you own songs
1. Give the Song a Title: Yes! that is you first step, title! A journey cannot start without a destination, you must first know what your song would be talking about, e.g. The title maybe about your “child-hood life”.
2. Give the Song a genre: Your next question to yourself would be “what would be the song genre?” is it blues, R&B, Hip-Hop type etc. Another thing that might decide the genre of the song is your voice type, is it a base type, tenor, soprano, etc.
3. Use the last word of the title to give the rhyme: Every good singer must know how to rhyme, lack of rhyming in music makes the song uninteresting. Now using an example of the title of our song “My Child-hood life” let’s try to give our song a rhyme.
Song title: My Childhood life
“This is the story of my child hood life”
“How I was treated by my father’s wife”
“How my life was in strife” etc, etc.
The rhymes should be in a good timing order, e.g. 4/4, this means another 4 rhyme words after the first 4 rhyme words (life, wife, knife, strife/Pain, rain, no gain, struck my brain). A song cannot be 1/1, 3/3 or 5/5 it cannot rhyme. It should either be 2/2 or 4/4, but 4/4 is highly recommended by me.
4. Use the title to make the chorus: After naming the song title, and genre, your next step is using the title as the chorus, think of the most interesting words in the story. The chorus determines the power of the song.
5. Think about the Verse: Now your next question would be, How many verses will the song have? two or three? two verses with a rap? etc, etc. and start writing the verses based on your story in the song title.
6. Sing the song to your own hearing: If you concentrate on just writing songs without singing it to your own hearing, you will discover that you made a lot if mistake, try to sing the song aloud, if possible call somebody to listen to the song while you sing it, let them judge it.
7. Go for a beat: This is you last step: Get a Beat for your song and master it. You can go to a studio etc.
Singing and writing of songs are very simple if you can read carefully and master these simple techniques, if you don’t follow these steps that is when you started making mistakes.
Do you know how to sing, do you what to know how to train you voice, get sheet music, lyrics and so on, then just head over to http://lyrics-and-how-to-sing.blogspot.com
Learn and become a very good singer.
go to: http://aboutmartinsosodi.blogspot.com to learn how you can turn your passion for music into a business and make money from it.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6844209